PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
One of the seasonal poems I do for October, is “5 Little Pumpkins Sitting On a Gate”.
It’s chock full of Dolch words, rhymes, has ordinal numbers and is a fun way to practice counting with little ones.
With that in mind, I made up some quick, easy and fun “5 Little Pumpkin” activities that practice a variety of standards.
The packet includes:
* 2 versions of the poem.
The original with the line “witches in the air”, as well as an optional poem which changes the line to “bats in the air”.
The poems come in a colorful poster, as well as black and white “color me” worksheets.
One features the words for emergent readers, while another alternative for PK kiddos, has just the pictures.
* I’ve also included a fence and 5 pumpkin manipulatives for telling the “story”, as well as a set of pocket chart-sentence cards.
* Plus pocket chart cards that feature numbers 1-5, with the number words, and a group of pumpkins showing that many.
* There’s a matching set with “cutting lines” so that you can make an independent puzzle center, as well as a set of ordinal number cards children can sequence.
* Plus a set of Memory Match cards, which can also be used to play “I Have; Who Has?” games.
* An “Out went the light” storytelling-pumpkin craft
* A pumpkin “slider” craftivity, which will help practice numbers 1-5, 1-10, counting backwards from 10-1, as well as skip counting by 5s.
* A “5 Little Pumpkins” Itty Bitty booklet
* 5 pumpkin-themed worksheets
* A “Pumpkins On A Roll” dice game
* 2 “I Spy” a number game sheets, which are wonderful for whole group assessing. And finally…
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy practicing standards with the “Five Little Pumpkins” as much as mine do.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.