In this document, you can find:
1) Overview of the synthesis essay with tips
2) Sample prompt with annotations/explanations
3) How to introduce and connect sources (activities and models)
4) Activities for analyzing visual sources
5) Useful transitions, phrases, stems for concession, refutation, and building off of sources
6) Practice prompt (use as you see fit in addition to the College Board prompts).
7) Activities for connecting sources
8) Assignment for students to build their own prompts with source materials
9) Thesis statements – samples and activity
10) Synthesis essay outline and peer editing activity to use with any prompt
The download comes with a PDF and Microsoft Word (editable) version.