To use these files you'll need Winzip (or a similar program), as well as "Word" or a Word-compatible word processor.
Includes these files in "Word 97" for easy modification:
1. Introduction / vocabulary with photos and clipart ("preview").
2. Homework slips: Each student researches and answers one question and brings the answer to class to share with everyone. Includes handy area for the teacher to mark "did / didn't / absent" for easy record-keeping.
3. Narrator worksheet with partial key.
4. "Literary Analysis" essay assignment
Art (TIF file):
5. Banner slug from my introduction so you can use it in your own pages!
All photos and clipart are from websites that claim their contents are public domain. I do not own the rights to Card's story, however, so you and your students will have to download or print out a copy from the (legal) source described on the first page.
KEYWORDS: Orson Scott Card, "The Elephants of Poznan," postapocalyptic, science fiction, narrator, research, literary analysis, faith, speculative fiction, religion, Poland, elephants, evolution, creation, creationism, intelligent design, worksheets.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License