This resource includes a measurement center (non-standard units), a graph, posters about the giant squid, a labeling activity and a craft. It can be used independently, or as a fun follow up for the book I'm The Biggest Thing In the Ocean by Kevin Sherry! All the activities are low prep, so you'll have your students engaged in practicing math and science in no time! To see all the pages included in this resource, please check out the preview!
Here's what other educators are saying about this resource:
- "The kids loved reading the story and then doing this activity. Especially the graphing!"
- "I love teaching my students about the ocean and there were great activities for me to incorporate into my routine."
- "My kindergartners LOVED using this product while we learned about ocean animals. Great companion activities to use with the story."
For more measurement practice, please see:
- Daily Math for First Grade Growing Year Long Bundle,
- Measurement center: Birds,
- Arctic Animal Measurement with non-standard units,
- Weigh To Go! Comparing weight with common classroom items,
- Shark Math for First Grade,
- Transportation Math, and
- Frog Math for First Grade.
You may also enjoy my other Ocean themed resources.
Thank you for visiting Paula's Primary Classroom. All new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours. To be notified when new activities become available, and of upcoming sales, please click on the green star below my store name and follow me. Followers and feedback are greatly appreciated!
Have a great day!