Fun way to teach the Periodic Table. Students learn atomic number, mass, calculation of neutrons, groups and periods while discovering holiday themed words and phrases. Includes PowerPoint to introduce how the unscramble works.
*23 sets of clues for 23 Christmas, holiday and winter words or phrases with separate answer key. Can be used as enrichment, bell ringers or exit tickets (.PDF)
* For differentiated or tiered instruction, a set with hints is included
* Teacher answer key
* Power Point to demonstrate how to solve (uses 2 words from the Halloween Periodic Table unscramble
Ideas for using this product:
1. Use one per day as a warm up, exit ticket, homework or anchor activity.
2. Place students in teams of 2-3 to complete the worksheet, deliberately pairing a student familiar with the Periodic Table with one who may be linguistically inclined. If you are awarding points, give 1 point for being the first person or team done, 1 point for each correct symbol and 1-2 points for unscrambling the word(s).
4. Eliminate hints such as number of words for an extra challenge.
Check out these related products and freebies
Christmas graphics 1
123 JPEGs freebie
Christmas skit package
Jasmine's Christmas Star
Physical science bundle
reader’s theater scripts
Check out other Periodic Table products
Football PeriodicTable review
(Discover football related words using atomic mass, numbers, neutrons, etc.)
Spring PeriodicTable review
Thanksgiving Periodic Table unscramble
Halloween Periodic Table unscramble
Free Christian drama resources at Fools for Christ
Free interactive Bible games