In the following activity, lessons on proportions are reinforced through the
* A brief history of France and their national symbol, the chicken, is presented.
* Students use a bag of dried Lima beans to model a situation of capturing wild chickens in the woodlands of France, and, ultimately, by taking a small sample of the chickens, they are able to estimate the total number of chickens running loose in the woodlands of France.
* Students employ the "Capture-Recapture Method" to estimate the total number of chickens in these woodlands.
* Students evaluate and consider the data collected to answer a set of analysis questions relative to their mathematical calculations and PROPORTIONS.
* This is a GREAT learning lab that students invariably enjoy.
* This lab is aligned with CCSS
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!!