This Lab is a great "hands-on" activity for bringing the trigonometric ratios into light for learning students.
* At the same time, the lab supports power-point instructive lessons on The Trigonometric Ratios.
* Students work with a partner and create a device for measuring inaccessible heights such as a tree or flag pole; this device is called a CLINOMETER.
* Students measure, record, and calculate distances and angles to find the height of their inaccessible object using the device they made with their partner and they employ the tangent ratio to find the height of their selected object.
* Students reverse roles and repeat the measuring, recording, and calculating in steps 2 through 10 of the lab.
* Students sketch a model of their angle, the distance from the object they are measuring to the student looking from the CLINOMETER, and the distance from the CLINOMETER to the ground. Angles and distances are labeled on the graph paper provided.
* Students compare results from their calculations with their partner and answer two analysis questions.
* This lab is enjoyable and interactive, a great learning tool!
* The lab is aligned with CC Standards
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!