This activity sheet, containing fifteen exercises, has students
working with similarity transformations.
• graph four polygons and perform both reduction and enlargement dilations on the polygons;
• study four dilations and describe them as reductions or
enlargements and describe the scale factors used in each
• answer one multiple choice question on dilations;
• identify rotations, translations, reflections and dilations; and
• read two dilation statements, perform the dilations and then
describe some characteristics of the dilations.
Answers for exercises are included.