PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This activity sheet, containing twenty exercises, focuses on the concept of solving an inequality statement by writing equivalent inequality statements by using multiplication and division.
In the twenty questions
• Students first write an inequality, graph it on a number line and then notice how the position of the two numbers change when multiplied or divided by a positive and/or negative number.
• Students explain why two inequality statements are equivalent or not equivalent.
• Students solve inequalities and then describe three numbers that are solutions to the final inequality.
• Students write an inequality to model a real world problem and then solve the inequality.
• Students write verbal sentences as an inequality, then solve the inequality and graph the solution.
Solutions for all exercises are included.