PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This activity sheet, containing twenty exercises, focuses on the concept of writing an equation for a parallel or perpendicular line.
In the twenty questions,
● Students explain why the equations for two lines represent parallel or perpendicular lines;
● Students write an equation of the line that passes through the given point and is parallel to the given line;
● Students write an equation of the line that passes through the given point and is perpendicular to the given line;
● Students determine which lines, if any, are parallel or perpendicular and then explain their reasoning;
● Students study graphs and then determine which lines are parallel and/or perpendicular; They are asked to show support for their reasoning.
Solutions for all exercises are included.