Fun way to teach the Periodic Table. Students learn atomic number, mass, calculation of neutrons, groups and periods while discovering holiday themed words and phrases. A preview (PowerPoint) is included to introduce how the unscramble works.
*20 sets of clues for 20 Thanksgiving words or phrases with separate answer key. Can be used as enrichment, bell ringers or exit tickets (.PDF)
* For differentiated instruction, a set with clues has been included
* Teacher answer key
* Power Point to demonstrate how to solve (uses 2 words from the Halloween Periodic Table unscramble
Ideas for using this product:
1. Use one per day as a warm up, exit ticket, homework or anchor activity.
2. Place students in teams of 2-3 to complete the worksheet, deliberately pairing a student familiar with the Periodic Table with one who may be linguistically inclined. If you are awarding points, give 1 point for being the first person or team done, 1 point for each correct symbol and 1-2 points for unscrambling the word(s).
4. Eliminate hints such as number of words for an extra challenge.
Check out these related products and freebies
Physical science bundle
Light & color PPT
Jesus is the light choral reading
freebie choral reading PPT
Christmas Periodic Table unscramble
reader’s theater scripts
(Discover sports related words using atomic mass, numbers, neutrons, etc.)
Football PeriodicTable review
(Discover football related words using atomic mass, numbers, neutrons, etc.)
Spring PeriodicTable review
Free Christian drama resources at Fools for Christ
Free interactive Bible games