Adapted Black History Unit for Secondary Special Ed feat. Shirley Chisholm
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- Tired of Black history only focused on Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks? Try this complete secondary Social Studies Unit, perfect for Black History Month and adapted for special education.Each of the 4 units comes with all you need to teach one large group and two small groups (or stations) forPrice $20.00Original Price $26.00Save $6.00
This unit on Shirley Chisholm comes with all you need to teach one large group and two small groups (or stations) for an entire week WITH visual supports, templates, and extension activities. Yup. We did that… so you don’t have to!
Tired of Black history only focused on Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks? Try this complete secondary Social Studies Unit, perfect for Black History Month and adapted for special education.
What You'll Get:
This 45-page printable unit is jammed packed with:
- 5 Days of Lesson Plans (with enough detail for a sub, support staff, or you)
- Details on 1 Large Group Activity and 2 Small Group Activities each day
- Extension Activities for each day (perfect for early finishers)
- Anchor Poster about the Important Person
- KWL Poster and Student Worksheet
- A Questions While Reading Chart (to use with any book - aka: Teacher Gold)
- 12 Target Vocabulary Words
- Vocab Lists with and without Visual Supports
- Vocab Flash Cards
- Cut and Paste Vocabulary Match Activity (2 versions with and without visuals)
- Fill in the Blank Worksheet (with word bank or icon cut and paste versions)
- Reading Passage (Full page Teacher Version & half page Student Version) PLUS a 2-Page Version of the Reading Passage with Note Taking using Visuals!
- A Supplemental Reading Passage with 2 comprehension questions
- A Unit Test (3 Levels) with and without picture support
- Fill in the Blank for Comprehension (with word bank or icon cut and paste versions)
- True/False Worksheet with Companion Visual Icons to Make it Interactive
- Writing Prompt with 3 levels of Support (unsupported, with a word bank, with sentence stems and cut & paste icon responses
- 2 Graphic Organizer Templates to Use with the Important Person
- A 5 Facts Graphic Organizer with Visual Supports to Cut & Paste into place.
- A Social Media Activity from the eyes of the important person
SOCIAL SKILLS ACTIVITY
- 8 What Would You Do Questions including Social Justice and Equality questions
* PLUS * most of the activities are compatible with the Easel Activities System! #DistanceLearning
Seriously, this activity has so much, you may not even finish it in a week!
Who Benefits from this Product:
✋ If you are a teacher who is working in an Autism Unit with Special Education students you will love this activity since it is already differentiated for you! This activity comes everything you need to meet the needs of higher and lower skilled students who are still working on appropriate grade level standards.
✋ If you are tired of reading about the same people in Black History, then you will love the opportunity to teach your students there are more important African Americans in American history. #BLM
✋ If you teach in a secondary classroom and you don’t want anything babyish or too elementary, then you will love the mature approach and visual supports. Ain’t nobody got time for dat!
Download the file to see more about the printable… then purchase the full activity today and work smarter, not harder!
This activity is part of a BUNDLE. Check out the other activities today!
- Shirley Chisholm
- Dr. Lonnie Johnson
- Madam C.J. Walker
- Thurgood Marshall
Feedback & Followers:
Fabulous Printables Love Feedback!
Ratings make the TpT world go round :)
AND Earn you points to get more for less.
Follow me to be the first to know about my new sales, freebies and products! Look for the green star near my store name and click it to become a follower. You'll receive updates directly to your inbox that will help you work smarter, not harder. Woo-hoo!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
This resource was created by Ayodele Jones © 2021. All rights reserved by author. The icons copyrighted and are used via commercial license. The materials in this unit were distributed and intended for single use only. The purchaser may reproduce copies for students in your classroom for classroom use only. You may not share with other teachers in your building, district, or otherwise. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Additional licenses can be purchased for multi-use at a discount. Please contact the author at email@example.com.