I have created an adapted mini-unit to help reinforce farm life concepts to students with moderate to profound disabilities through the use of modified worksheets exploring all contents areas from reading to mathematics to science and social studies.
Please understand that this unit is meant to be used with students with MODERATE to PROFOUND cognitive disabilities. The majority of the activities have been created using Boardmaker Picture Symbols, as these are the symbols that we use on a daily basis within our own classroom as our system of communication.
Within this bundle, you will find multiple adapted activities that span across multiple content areas including the following:
- Reading (Activities for Charlotte’s Web; Letter Identification; Syllable Work, Emergent Readers)
- Mathematics (Counting, Patterns)
- Interactive Storybooks (I SPY and True/False for Animals Noises, Who Lives on the Farm, etc)
- Science (Identifying Shadows; Matching Baby Animals to their Mothers, Sorting Animals)
- Making Mud Experiment with Extension Activities
- Adapted Word Wall
- Games (Bingo, I Have...Who Has, Concentration)
- Cooking Recipes
- Craft Ideas
These activities will make a wonderful addition to any special education unit on farm life!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Copyright © 2013 Christina Jones.
Boardmaker Picture Symbols provided by The Picture Communication Symbols © 1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission. Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC
2100 Wharton Street Suite 400
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com