This interactive repetitive book includes 8 pages containing the carrier phrase "I like/don't like" + holiday vocabulary. Both a color copy and a black-and-white copy are included in this download. These books can be used in a variety of ways both in the classroom and in therapeutic settings. It helps students:
* build vocabulary (winter holiday vocabulary)
* use carrier phrases to increase utterance length
* understand negation (like vs. don't like)
* develop early literacy skills
* use the pronoun "I"
* complete fill-in-the-blank tasks using visual supports
* learn to make choices
* establish joint attention
ALSO INCLUDED!!! Two DIFFERENT supplemental cut and paste activities!!! In one activity, the student can select the sweaters he/she likes (both color and black-and-white copies are included) and glue the sweaters onto hangers. Once the sweaters are glued on, the student can practice saying the utterance at the bottom of the printable (same as the repetitive utterance used in the book) for each sweater he/she chose. The second bonus activity encourages students to listen to clues to determine which child goes with which holiday sweater. Both supplemental activities reinforce the skills taught in the book!