This interactive repetitive book includes 10 pages containing the carrier phrase "I like/don't like" + ice cream topping vocabulary. Both a color copy and a black-and-white copy are included in this download. These books can be used in a variety of ways both in the classroom and in therapeutic settings. It helps students:
* build vocabulary (ice cream topping/food vocabulary)
* use carrier phrases to increase utterance length
* understand negation (like vs. don't like)
* develop early literacy skills
* use the pronoun "I"
* use the pronoun preposition "on"
* use the pronoun "my"
* complete fill-in-the-blank tasks using visual supports
* establish joint attention
ALSO INCLUDED!!! Supplemental cut and paste activity!!! The student can select the toppings he/she likes (both color and black-and-white copies are included) and glue the toppings onto the ice cream. Once the toppings are glued on, the student can practice saying the utterance at the bottom of the printable (same as the repetitive utterance used in the book) for each topping he/she choose.