This interactive repetitive book includes 12 pages containing the carrier phrase "I like/don't like" + sensory equipment. This book can be used in a variety of ways both in the classroom and in therapeutic settings. It helps students:
* build vocabulary (sensory equipment)
* use carrier phrases to increase utterance length
* understand negation (like vs. don't like)
* help students understand sensory strategies that do/don't work for them
* develop early literacy skills
* use the pronoun "I"
* complete fill-in-the-blank tasks using visual supports
* establish joint attention
ALSO INCLUDED!!! Supplemental cut and paste activity!!! The student can select the sensory equipment he/she likes and glue these items into the sensory room. Once the equipment is glued on, the student can practice saying the utterance at the bottom of the printable (same as the repetitive utterance used in the book) for each sensory item he/she chooses.
The following sensory items (12) are included in this activity