PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This pets themed set is chock full of activities for multiple language and literacy skills! Each of the three adapted books has a game and multiple worksheets, which are at varied levels to meet the needs of mixed groups. The 4 games can be played to elicit any goals and the colorful photos are great for discussions or sentence production!
1. Reading the interactive, symbol supported books
- We Have Pets: a 7 page adapted book for labeling common pets in a sentence script.
- What Can Pets Do?: a 7 page adapted book for filling pet actions into a sentence script.
- We Care for Pets: a 7 page adapted book for filling in actions needed to take care of pets
2. Completing the 22 worksheets with varied levels and skills to accompany each book
3. Playing the games:
+ Lift the Flap Game- label and tell about the pets
+ Who does this? game board for actions
+ Barrier game in 2 versions for following directions and describing
+ Lotto matching game for pet associations
4. Discussing pets with 30 colorful photo cards. Each has 8 questions: what, who, yes/no, where, when, why, how, and a thinking/opinion question.
What are happy buyers saying?
* Thematic units are so fun for my students and me! :) Thank you for creating such a versatile resource with so many activities.
* Love this unit! everything i needed to talk about pets. thanks!
* Such a fun set of books and activities!
* 3 adapted books: We Have Pets- for labeling; What Can Your Pets Do?- to elicit action vocabulary for functions; Taking Care of Pets- to elicit actions
* 30 color photos that show pets in varied activities- each with 8 questions
* 22 worksheets in all- at varied levels to meet group needs
* Skills include: categories, sequencing, answering and asking questions, following directions, describing, functions, sentences
* 4 games
Be sure to check the detailed preview to see if this is right for you!
Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help!
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day! I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it.
Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language