This pets themed set
is chock full of activities for multiple language and literacy skills! Each of the three adapted books
has a game and multiple worksheets
, which are at varied levels to meet the needs of mixed groups
. The 4 games
can be played to elicit any goals
and the colorful photos
are great for discussionsor sentence production!
1. Reading the interactive, symbol supported books
- We Have Pets:
a 7 page adapted book for labeling common pets in a sentence script.
- What Can Pets Do?
: a 7 page adapted book for filling pet actions into a sentence script.
- We Care for Pets
: a 7 page adapted book for filling in actions needed to take care of pets
2. Completing the 22 worksheets
with varied levels and skills to accompany each book
3. Playing the games:
+ Lift the Flap Game
- label and tell about the pets
+ Who does this? game board for actions
+ Barrier game
in 2 versions for following directions and describing
+ Lotto matching game
for pet associations
4. Discussing pets with 30 colorful photo cards.
Each has 8 questions: what, who, yes/no, where, when, why, how, and a thinking/opinion question.
What are buyers saying?
* Thematic units are so fun for my students and me! :) Thank you for creating such a versatile resource with so many activities.
* Love this unit! everything i needed to talk about pets. thanks!
* Such a fun set of books and activities!
* 3 adapted books
: We Have Pets- for labeling; What Can Your Pets Do?- to elicit action vocabulary for functions; Taking Care of Pets- to elicit actions
* 30 color photos
that show pets in varied activities- each with 8 questions
* 22 worksheets
in all- at varied levels to meet group needs
* Skills include: categories, sequencing, answering and asking questions, following directions, describing, functions, sentences
* 4 games
Be sure to check the preview to see if it is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
• BOOM Cards Seasons No Prep No Print Interactive iPad Activity
• Book Companion Activities and Games for Remembering Story Details