This pets themed set is chock full of activities for multiple language and literacy skills! Each of the three adapted books has a game and multiple worksheets, which are at varied levels to meet the needs of mixed groups. The 4 games can be played to elicit any goals and the colorful photos are great for discussions!
* Reading the interactive, symbol supported books
* Completing the worksheets with varied levels and skills to accompany each book
* Playing the games:
+ Lift the Flap Game- label and tell about the pets
+ Who does this? game board for actions
+ Barrier game in 2 versions for following directions and describing
+ Lotto matching game for pet associations
* Discussing pets with colorful photo cards. Each has 8 questions: what, who, yes/no, where, when, why, how, and a thinking/opinion question.
What are buyers saying?
* Thematic units are so fun for my students and me! :) Thank you for creating such a versatile resource with so many activities.
* Love this unit! everything i needed to talk about pets. thanks!
* Such a fun set of books and activities!
* 3 adapted books: We Have Pets- for labeling; What Can Your Pets Do?- to elicit action vocabulary for functions; Taking Care of Pets
* 30 color photos that show pets in varied activities- each with 8 questions
* 22 worksheets in all- at varied levels to meet group needs
* Skills include: categories, sequencing, answering and asking questions, following directions, describing, functions, sentences
* 4 games
Be sure to check the preview to see if it is right for you! Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language