January Addition Unit
Build a solid mathematics foundations with this addition unit that follows the research-based CPA Approach (Concrete—Pictorial—Abstract). Students will move from hands-on activities to more abstract activities as they learn about Place Value in 2 Digit Numbers, Even and Odd, Expanded Form, and 2 Digit Addition Using the Strategies of Place Value Blocks, Expanded Form, and the Traditional Algorithm.
This unit is the sixth in a series of units that build upon each other and includes explicit teacher instructions.
In this unit, students will learn:
*Identify Tens and Ones in a Given Number
* Determine the Value of Tens and Ones in a Given Number
* Write or Read Expanded Form of a Number
* Determine if a Number is Even or Odd
* Add 2 Digit Numbers using Base Ten Blocks
* Add 2 Digit Numbers using Expanded Form
* Add 2 Digit Numbers using the Traditional Algorithm
The unit includes a variety of:
*Whole Group, Small Group, and Individual Activities
* Word Problems
View the Preview file to see some of what's included.
Save BIG by buying the GROWING BUNDLE HERE
Deanna Jump and Ashley Reed