March Addition Unit
Build a solid mathematics foundations with this addition unit that follows the research-based CPA Approach (Concrete—Pictorial—Abstract). Students will move from hands-on activities to more abstract activities as they learn about Place Value in 3 Digit Numbers, Expanded Form, and 3 Digit Addition WITHOUT REGROUPING Using the Strategies of Place Value Blocks, Expanded Form, and the Traditional Algorithm. Students will also get to practice coding while making a fun robot craft!
This unit is the eighth in a series of units that build upon each other and includes explicit teacher instructions.
In this unit, students will learn:
*Identify Hundreds, Tens, and Ones in a Given Number
* Determine the Value of Hundreds, Tens, and Ones in a Given Number
* Write or Read Expanded Form of a Number
* Add 3 Digit Numbers without regrouping using Base Ten Blocks
* Add 3 Digit Numbers without regrouping using Expanded Form
* Add 3 Digit Numbers without regrouping using the Traditional Algorithm
The unit includes a variety of:
*Whole Group, Small Group, and Individual Activities
* Word Problems
View the Preview file to see some of what's included.
Save BIG by buying the GROWING BUNDLE HERE
Deanna Jump and Ashley Reed