"Great alternative to a worksheet"
The Add and Subtract Fractions Practice and Review Paper Chain Activity
is a great way to engage students' understanding of adding and subtracting fractions. Students solve one link which leads to the answer on the next link. Problems include fractions with unlike denominators. Add to your chains with multiple topics throughout the year. This activity addresses: 7.NS.A.3. (Answer key included).
NOTE: This activity does not included mixed numbers.
This activity works well after Adding and Subtracting Fractions: Notes and Practice
which includes adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators and with unlike denominators.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like:
- Fraction Word Problems: Addition and Subtraction
- Fractions: Mixed Review Coded Messages
- 5th/6th Grade: Math and Art Projects: Show students the "fun" of math with this 123 page, 5 project bundle with fun math such as ratio and area with Mondrian, and more (CCSS)
- Divide and Multiply Fraction Word Problems
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.