There are 20 cards in this set. Problems are of various difficulty. All problems are adding and subtracting polynomials. Look at the thumbnails and download the preview for problem samples.
A student answer sheet is included.
- Stations – Place 2-3 cards at each station and have students move in partners or groups from station to station.
- Scoot Game – Place one numbered card on each student desk. It’s helpful if the desks are moved into a circle. Have students start at their own desk, solving the problem on the card and recording their answer on the answer sheet. Students move to the next desk when the teacher says, “Scoot!”. When everyone has gone through all of the problems, go over the solutions as a class.
- Marker Board Review – Put task cards under a projector and have students work the problem on their marker board.
- Daily Warm-Ups – 1-2 task cards could be used per day as a warm-up.
- Speed Mathing – Arrange desks in two rows (like speed dating). Each student receives a card, works the problems on the card, checks their answer. Then, the students trade cards with their partner sitting across from them and work the problem on the new card. They are now sitting across the “expert” for that problem. After a few minutes, the students receive their original cards again and one row moves one seat down. This process continues until all of the cards are completed.
You may also be interested in:
Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Stations Maze
Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Flipbook
Solving Quadratic Equations by Factoring Task Cards (with and without QR codes!)
Simplifying Algebraic Expressions Scavenger Hunt
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and products!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments please email me at: email@example.com.