Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.05 MB | 170 pages
This file contains 13 Scavenger Hunts over adding and subtracting whole numbers. The different topics for each of the 13 files is listed below
1. Adding within 20
2. Subtracting within 20
3. Adding within 100 (no carrying)
4. Adding within 100 (with carrying)
5. Subtracting within 100 (no borrowing)
6. Subtracting within 100 (with borrowing)
7. Review - Add and Subtract within100
8. Adding more than two numbers (easier)
9. Adding more than two numbers (harder)
10. Adding within 1000
11. Subtracting within 1000
12. Review - Add and Subtract within 1000
13. Add and Subtract larger numbers
What is this thing anyway? A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet.
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The 1st slide is your key, so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question, as they go, so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost), so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more.
If you have any questions/comments/complaints then please let me know! I'm currently teaching middle school Algebra so I'm doing this in my free time (what little of it there is, heh). :)