Many students have difficulty choosing the correct operation when solving word problems. When children have been taught to look for key words in addition word problems, they can become confused when faced with multiplication word problems that use the same key words. In this activity, students get the opportunity to practice selecting the correct operation when solving word problems. They sort the word problems and glue them on the correct side of a t-chart before solving. Click here for a FREE sample.
This file includes 8 different sorts, each with a different theme:
• Numbers to 9 - Volunteering
• Numbers to 12 - Movies
• 1-Digit Numbers and Multiples of 10 - Vacation
• 1-Digit Numbers & 2-Digit Numbers - Animals
• 1-Digit Numbers & Multiples of 100 - Carnival
• 1-Digit Numbers and 3-Digit Numbers - Circus
• 2-Digit Numbers and Multiples of 10 - Farm
• 2-Digit Numbers - Arts & Crafts
Save money by purchasing this item in a bundle with my other Word Problem Operation Sorts The bundle includes:
• Add or Subtract?
• Add or Multiply?
• Multiply or Divide?
for more Word Problem resources.
Not Your Mother's Math Class © 2012
The buyer is entitled to make copies for single classroom use. To share with colleagues please purchase multiple licenses (for a 50% discount) at checkout. All rights reserved.
- added black & white and color cutouts for addition and subtraction
- added Write Your Own Problem Page