Many students have difficulty choosing the correct operation when solving word problems. These addition and subtraction word problem sorts are great for use with Interactive Notebooks or to make posters that can be displayed on bulletin boards.
Students cut out and sort the word problems. Then they glue them on the correct side of a T-chart before solving. This is a perfect activity for centers or guided math. Click here for a free sample.
This file includes 8 different sorts, each with a different theme:
• Basic Facts to 18 - School Supplies
• 2-digit and 1-digit numbers - Animals
• 2-digit numbers – no regrouping - Carnival
• 2-digit numbers – with regrouping - Exercise & Sports
• 3-digit numbers – no regrouping - Cafeteria
• 3-digit numbers - regrouping - Candy Store
• 4-digit numbers – no regrouping - Farm
• 4-digit numbers - regrouping - Toy Store
Save money by purchasing this item in a bundle with my other Word Problem Operation Sorts The bundle includes:
• Add or Subtract?
• Add or Multiply?
• Multiply or Divide?
for more addition and subtraction resources.
for more resources with word problems.
Not Your Mother's Math Class © 2012
The buyer is entitled to make copies for single classroom use. To share with colleagues please purchase multiple licenses (for a 50% discount) at checkout. All rights reserved.
- added black & white and color cutouts for addition and subtraction
- added Write Your Own Problem Page