This mini bundle includes the following story problems:
1. Adding fractions with unlike denominators.
2. Subtracting fractions with unlike denominators.
3. Adding mixed numbers with unlike denominators.
4. Subtracting mixed numbers with unlike denominators.
This mini bundle is centered on a recipe for chocolate chip cookies and expects students to locate specific data within a table and think critically to solve problems.
All items are fully editable and include reminders of the steps involved in solving fractions/mixed numbers problems.
Here are some sample problems:
1. LuAnn told Ronda that the difference between granulated sugar and packed brown sugar in this recipe is ¼ cup. Is she correct?
2. Matthew offered to bring the baking soda and salt that is needed in the recipe. How many teaspoons total does he need to bring?