This hexagon can be used as a 'running bases' place value game: a hexagonal baseball maths session where students choose or roll a 'base number' using dice. Then the student needs to add and subtract different place values from that number to 'score' all 6 bases for a home run! Students could also work in pairs, one rolling the base number for their partner, or one doing the subtractions/the other doing the additions, then switching roles for the next innings.
The first page contains hexagons where students need to add or take away ones, tens and hundreds.
The second page can be used for upper levels or extension students and contains tens, hundreds and thousands.
You may also like:
- FREE Comprehensive Multiplication Unit
- No Prep Place Value Unit with Materials-based, Differentiated Lessons and All Resources
- Full Unit No Prep Narrative Writing Unit Plan of 21 Lessons Based on the 7 Steps
Full set of Maths Assessments:
- Place Value Assessment
- Addition Assessment
- Subtraction Assessment
- Multiplication Assessment
- Division Assessment
- Fractions/Decimals Assessment