This unit provides extra practice and resources for adding 3 numbers (addition facts to 20) It includes posters, interactive notebook pages, printables, and games. Here is what’s included:
Adding 3 Numbers
These resources help students understand how to add 3 numbers and that the addends can be added in any order.
• Adding 3 Numbers – poster (explains strategies for adding 3 numbers)
• Adding 3 Numbers Printables – 3 printables where students practice solving adding 3 numbers by adding two addends first and then adding the third number to that sum.
• Interactive Notebook Page – Adding 3 Numbers – students solve each equation (on ice cream cones), then color, cut, and glue into their interactive notebook.
• Adding 3 Numbers is Sweet! – students make triple digit ice cream cone where they write addends on the scoops and the sum on the cone. Includes the title “Adding 3 Numbers is Sweet!” for a bulletin board display.
• Triple Scoop! Game – a game where students build a triple digit ice cream cone with randomly selected “flavors”, then write their equation on the recording sheet and solve.
Word Problems with 3 Addends
These resources help students understand and practice how numbers can be grouped in different ways to solve word problems with 3 addends.
• Word Problems Printables – Story Problems with 3 Addends – 2 printables with story problems with 3 addends for students to solve.
• Interactive Notebook Page – students write a story problem with 3 addends that relates to a picture.
- This unit is also available in this bundle → Addition Facts to 20 ~ BUNDLE
Please download a free preview to see all that is included. Feel free to email me with any questions!
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
You may also like:
Doubles – Facts to 20
Making 10 to Add – Facts to 20
Five and Ten Relationships
Key Words: adding three numbers, three digit addition, 3 digit addition, addition facts to 20, addition strategy, addition strategies