This printable packet is a very useful resource for any classroom that is learning about adding decimals. The printables in this packet are great options for classroom grades, homework, review or a as a unit assessment covering this topic!
Included in this printable packet you will find:
1. Adding Decimals to Tenths and Hundredths: This classroom printable is an 18 question classwork page or homework sheet that has twelve questions already set up vertically and lined up with the decimal for ease of operations in their first adding with decimals activity. The last six questions are shown written left to right and the students must line up the decimal point and the other digits for accuracy which is a necessary skill when adding decimals. These addition problems do not require regrouping as it is meant to instill the most important fundamental when adding decimals: lining up the decimal point and digits with the place value where it belongs.
2. Decimal Addition with Regrouping: This is another 18 question worksheet in which students will be required to regroup some but not all of the addition problems on the classwork or homework printable. All of the questions are addition with decimals to the tenths and hundredths place and do not include thousandths.
3. Adding Decimals with Estimation: Estimation is a very helpful skill to have when adding decimals and students will use the layout of this printable page to practice that skill. Regrouping is required in most of these questions and some are more difficult than the two pages prior, especially the two questions that ask the students to add three multi-digit numbers together at once. Students may find that estimation helps them answer each decimal addition problem with accuracy.
4. Decimal Addition Review: This 15 question printable will serve your children very well as a review for the assessment included in this product or will work great as an extra classroom grade now that they should have a firm grasp on the concept at this time. Many of these questions require regrouping and skillfully lining up the digits as well as the decimal point. Several questions also require adding three multi-digit numbers.
5. Adding Decimals Assessment (page 1): A comprehensive, 22 question assessment will provide an understanding of which students fully grasped this skill and which students may still need practice for this concept before moving on. This page has 18 questions, some which require regrouping and some that do not.
6. Assessment (page 2): This page includes four word problems that relate to decimal addition and applying this skill to real world applications.
7. Center Activity / Groupwork - Hogan’s Hardware: Students will be asked to tackle eight real world application problems with items at the hardware store. On the right of this page is a table with popular items you may find at the hardware store and the questions on the page will give real life scenario questions of customers and their purchase price of their hardware store needs.
***********If you have purchased my Decimals Skills Mega Bundle
do not buy this product! You already have it!***********
All of these resources come included with answer keys this printable packet so they will fit into your classroom seamlessly. Whether you need some extra grades for your students in assessing their knowledge of adding decimals or you are preparing for more difficult decimal concepts, you and your classroom will greatly benefit from using this product! Thank you so much!