This writing activity was made to complement First Grade Wit and Wisdom Module 1 but can work in any classroom!
Students read the sentences and think about how they can improve them. They add details to the sentences (adjectives, verbs, more details, etc.) and record the new and improved sentence!
This helps students practice adding details to strengthen writing!
•There are 2 versions- one in color and one in black and white.
Check out my other Wit and Wisdom aligned Centers:
- Parts of Speech Activity: An ELA Center or Game
- Narrative Writing Activity: An ELA Center or Game
- Main Idea and Details Activity: An ELA Center or Game
- Punctuation Sort Activity: An ELA Center or Game
- Verb Tense Activity: A Sorting ELA Center Activity
- Adjective Writing Activity: Riddle Writing ELA Center
- Opinion Writing Activity: A 'Would You Rather' Center
- Non-Fiction Text Feature Activity
- Adjective-Adverb Snowball Fight! An ELA Center
- Pronoun Activity! An ELA Center or Game
- Wit and Wisdom Vocabulary Journal
Please leave feedback and earn money towards free TPT products!