This is a one-page freebie to help kids learn how to add fractions with unlike denominators. Students use the colors to keep fractions aligned. When using with students, I laminated a copy and let them use dry-erase markers on it.
How to use:
1. Write fraction word problem on the first row (red and blue boxes)
2. Rewrite the red and blue fractions in their corresponding boxes on the second and third rows.
3. Write out multiples of each denominator
4. Identify LCM, and multiply numerator by the corresponding multiplication fact.
5. Write new (equivalent) fractions in the green and yellow boxes.
6. Add fractions on bottom.
You may also like some of my other educational products, games, and activities here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Inspired-Counselor/Category/Educational