Practice adding ING to CVC, CVCV, and CVCC words with this matching and sorting activity.
This Activity contains:
2. 3 Reminder Spelling Rule Cards.
3. 3 Large Bowls for Sorting.
4. 50 words for sorting into different "Rule" Bowls
Students sort fruit into the bowl with the correct spelling rule.
Rules are as follows:
1. When a word ends with E (CVCV), drop the E and add ing. (bake/baking)
2. When adding ING to a CVC word, give the final consonant a friend and add ING. (run/running)
3. If the word already ends with two consonants (CVCC), just add ING.
In this activity the student will:
1. Put the fruit in the correct bowl using the spelling rule cards to help them.
2. Arrange the fruit in the bowl and use their
Ipad to take a picture (if available.)
3. Draw a fruit bowl on their own paper. They
can copy the bowl they made or draw
This goes along with my “It’s Raining Spelling Rules” Interactive Spelling Notebook found in my store. Interactive Spelling Notebook Practice Spelling Rules
This product can also be found with several more fun activities as a bundle!
Spelling Interactive Notebook and Learning Centers Bundle
Follow my store 4LoveofLearning
for more great products
and check out my facebook page 4LoveofLearning Education
This product is for personal classroom or
homeschool use ONLY. You may not sell,
share, or redistribute this product in any
way (including electronically, posting it on the internet, or
through a hard copy.) If you have a question please email me at