Directions for Playing the Game
1. Print off cards onto cardstock paper, cut apart, and laminate for durability.
2. Place cards into rows on table.
3. First player turns over two cards and reads the fractions on the card. They add the fractions together and get a total fraction for the cards.
4. Player then decides if there is a match with the fractions. Note: To get a match, the player must have one card with a fraction written out and one card with two fractions shown in pictures.
5. If player one has a match, they take the cards and keep them. They then take a second turn.
6. If player one does not have a match, then the player turns over cards in same spot on the table.
7. Play continues until all the cards are used up/
8. The player with the most cards is declared the winner.
9. This game is great for centers because it doesn’t need much instruction from the teacher.
10. This game practices the skill of adding like fractions with the same denominator.