Adding Mixed Numbers Matching Mat
I love using math stations in my classroom to review skills. I especially love math stations that are challenging and self-checking.
This is a type of matching game where students match a card to a mat and then can check their answers.
In this particular station, students draw an addition of mixed numbers (with unlike denominators) expression and match it to the correct product. All fraction products are reduced/simplified.
To prepare station:
• You will need to copy 1 of the directions, 1 of the mat, and 2 of the answer keys.
• I run 1 of the answer keys on the back of the directions to save paper.
• I also run them all off on cardstock and store them in sheet protectors.
• The extra answer key you will cut the table up so that you have a set of cards to match to the mat.
• Students will need the directions, a mat, a set of cards, and an answer key to complete this station. Of their own materials, they will need a pencil and scrap paper.