Adding Whole Numbers
This resource uses a variety of instructional materials designed to provide 4th grade students extra practice at adding multi-digit numbers – task cards, extra practice printables, foldables, and an assessment. “Adding Whole Numbers” is aligned with the following Common Core standard in Numbers and Base Ten Operations:
– Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
This resource addresses the ADDITION part of the standard ONLY. Subtracting Whole Numbers
(which addresses the SECOND part of the standard) is offered as a separate resource, or you can save 20% and purchase the Arithmetic Mini-Bundle
, which includes both products.
Included in this product:
• Summary with teaching and printing suggestions
• 36 Task Cards – color and an identical B&W version with 4 question types
• Answer Key Cards – print on back of task cards as a self-checking option
• Answer Sheet and Full-Page Answer Key
• 4 Extra Practice Printables and Keys – one page for each question type
• Assessment and Key – integrates all 4 question types
• Vocabulary Foldable – addends, sum, equation
• Interactive Notebook Foldables
This resource would be great in learning centers, during small group instruction, or as a Response to Intervention (RtI) lesson. You can also use the task cards with the whole class and play SCOOT or Switch!
Looking for more math resources?
• Identifying Place Value
• Read and Write Numbers
• Compare and Order Numbers
• Rounding Numbers
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator