Also included in
- This HUGE Discounted Decimals Bundle covers all decimal operations, rounding, expanded form, and more! Over 80 Pages of decimals printable material perfect for supplementing and enriching your decimals unit! Includes 3 sets of task cards and 2 extensive activities/projects. You save 30% by buying bu$13.99$19.74Save $5.75
- You asked for it, and it's finally here! An absolute must-have, MASSIVE math projects bundle. There are thirteen discounted concept-based, differentiated math projects included in this bundle. This bundle of math projects includes 13 *Highly Rated* individual concept-based projects.ALL of the Math$35.99$50.39Save $14.40
- An absolute must-have, MASSIVE bundle of all of my concept resources bundles. The bundles included in this ULTIMATE bundle are perfect for ANY teacher in grades 4+. Math projects, error analysis tasks, task cards, and other engaging activities are included in each concept bundle! This bundle inclu$79.99$119.64Save $39.65
Your students are going to love shopping at The Math Market as they practicing adding, subtracting, and rounding decimals! This 14-page packet includes many engaging and authentic activities as well as and an authentic assessment that reinforce real-world concepts of rounding, adding, subtracting, and estimating sums and differences of decimals and whole numbers. This is a highly engaging set of activities that encourages critical thinking and takes adding and subtracting decimal practice beyond pure computation and into the real world!
Students use a full-color Math Market Ad to go on a shopping trip of their own and practice adding and subtracting decimals. This is an easily differentiated group of activities as, in many cases, students are choosing what they "purchase."
Bonus assessment includes a rubric as students shop through REAL ads with a budget they have been given. Answer Key and Assessment Rubric are also Included!
This project also includes DIGITAL ACCESS via Google Slides! Perfect for at-home learning or paperless practice.
What's included in this adding and subtracting decimals math project?
- 'Market Math' printable version with 12 student pages
- 'Lets Go Shopping' assessment page which uses real flyers!
- Teacher instructions
- Answer Key & Assessment Rubric
- A digital, , version!
What are teachers saying about this adding and subtracting decimals math project?
"This was a fantastic resource I used with my Grade 6 class during distance learning. It was engaging and a real-life scenario (shopping for groceries). The fact that it came ready-to-use with Google Slides was amazing. The text boxes made it easy for students to show their work and input their answers. Very little prep was required at all. Thank you for this great resource!" - Korey K.
"This was an amazing resources because the students were able to connect math to the real world. They made so many connections to their own life! " - Anna F.
"This activity was AMAZING for practicing adding decimals. My students loved getting to do something that put them in a real life scenario. It was great too because they related well to it. I highly recommend this activity when teaching or working with decimal computation." Morgan G.
You can buy this as part of my HUGE Decimals Bundle Pack !
More Decimal Resources to Get Excited About...