Also included in
- These real-world math projects have changed my math instruction and increased my students' critical thinking skills! This bundle of math projects includes thirteen discounted concept-based, differentiated, best-selling math projects. 13 *Highly Rated,* concept-based projects are included.WonderingPrice $35.99Original Price $50.39Save $14.40
- An absolute must-have, MASSIVE bundle of all of my concept resources bundles. The bundles included in this ULTIMATE bundle are perfect for ANY teacher in grades 4+. Math projects, error analysis tasks, task cards, and other engaging activities are included in each concept bundle! This bundle incluPrice $89.99Original Price $124.03Save $34.04
- Get ready to learn about decimals! This HUGE Discounted Decimals Bundle covers all decimal operations, rounding, expanded form, and more. It's digital and printable so you are ready for anything. Over 80 Pages of decimals printable material perfect for supplementing and enriching your decimals unitPrice $13.99Original Price $20.72Save $6.73
- Take engagement and rigor to the next level with these high-interest math projects for upper elementary. I have designed my math projects to be highly engaging, student-driven, real-world, and enriching. You’ll have a project for every occasion all year long! This bundle of TWENTY-NINE digital and pPrice $79.99Original Price $118.56Save $38.57
Your students are going to love shopping at The Math Market as they practicing adding, subtracting, and rounding decimals! This 14-page packet includes many engaging and authentic activities as well as and an authentic assessment that reinforce real-world concepts of rounding, adding, subtracting, and estimating sums and differences of decimals and whole numbers. This is a highly engaging set of activities that encourages critical thinking and takes adding and subtracting decimal practice beyond pure computation and into the real world!
Students use a full-color Math Market Ad to go on a shopping trip of their own and practice adding and subtracting decimals. This is an easily differentiated group of activities as, in many cases, students are choosing what they "purchase."
Bonus assessment includes a rubric as students shop through REAL ads with a budget they have been given. Answer Key and Assessment Rubric are also Included!
This project also includes DIGITAL ACCESS via Google Slides! Perfect for at-home learning or paperless practice.
What's included in this adding and subtracting decimals math project?
- 'Market Math' printable version with 12 student pages
- 'Lets Go Shopping' assessment page which uses real flyers!
- Teacher instructions
- Answer Key & Assessment Rubric
- A digital, , version!
What are teachers saying about this adding and subtracting decimals math project?
"This was a fantastic resource I used with my Grade 6 class during distance learning. It was engaging and a real-life scenario (shopping for groceries). The fact that it came ready-to-use with Google Slides was amazing. The text boxes made it easy for students to show their work and input their answers. Very little prep was required at all. Thank you for this great resource!" - Korey K.
"This was an amazing resources because the students were able to connect math to the real world. They made so many connections to their own life! " - Anna F.
"This activity was AMAZING for practicing adding decimals. My students loved getting to do something that put them in a real life scenario. It was great too because they related well to it. I highly recommend this activity when teaching or working with decimal computation." Morgan G.
You can buy this as part of my HUGE Decimals Bundle Pack !
More Decimal Resources to Get Excited About...