Also included in
- Get everything you need to teach fifth grade math with this complete guided math unit that spans the entire school year! EVERY TEK is taught in-depth using the concrete, pictorial, and abstract flow. This unit uses the backwards design model and starts with the STAAR Test as the assessment! TEKS ar$150.00$165.00Save $15.00
Teach all of your students in grade 5 to add and subtract fractions with this unit full of complete lesson plans and active engagement activities! This resource will help you teach your students about adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators. Students will use models to construct their understanding of adding or subtracting amounts that are not the same size. They will use fraction strips, fraction circles, area models, and number lines to add and subtract fractions.
Each TEK standard-- 5.3A 5.3H 5.3K 5.4F -- is broken down into Learning Targets to make it easier to track student progress and make working in a PLC easier. There are 5 skills in this unit! Each learning target contains intervention and enrichment skills. Both student and teacher data sheets are included to track growth and make small group instruction easier.
This Resource Includes:
- Daily objectives, learning targets, and materials.
- Whole class teaching activities with guided math activities.
- Closure with an exit ticket and answer key for most days.
- Learning targets can be used to assign intervention and enrichment skills.
- Whole Class Teaching: Mini Lessons, Connection, Teaching Point, Active Engagement, Link to Ongoing Learning, Games, Math Huddle
- Games and Engagement Activities: Minute to Win It 5.3A, Mirror- 5.3H, SCOOT- 5.3H Roll a Number 5.3H, Mystery Challenge- 5.3H, SCOOT- 5.3K, Roll for Luck- 5.4F
- Small Group Instruction: 14 problem types, fill-in-the-blank for differentiation
This unit is designed to print and go! Keep yours in a binder and you can put each day and all of the materials for that day in one sheet protector. This resource will save you so much time and energy so you can get back to doing what you love-- teaching!
You may also like:
- Decompose and Compose Fractions 4.3B
- Adding and Subtracting Fraction Like Denominators
- Extending Whole Number Operations
- Algebraic Reasoning
Thank you for trusting me with your curriculum! Follow me on TPT for more time-saving resources. All new products are 20% off for the first 24 hours! You can also follow me on the social media for more: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & Pinterest!