This packet was created as a study guide for my students before their unit assessment on adding and subtracting fractions. The study guide includes definitions of key mathematical terms and examples with visuals and guided think alouds to support them.
This is also a great resource to provide families as it gives an in-depth look of how the objectives are being taught to their students!
The following topics/objectives are covered in the packet:
- Equivalent Fractions
- Simplifying Fractions
- Converting Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Unlike Denominators
- Adding Fractions with Regrouping
- Fraction Bar Models
- Adding Mixed Numbers
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Rounding / Estimating Mixed Numbers