This classwork set comes with 5 worksheets. Each sheet has 8 problems- including 4 example or guided practice questions and 4 graded questions. This set reviews Adding and Subtracting fractions with like and unlike denominators. It also reviews changing improper fractions to mixed numbers and putting fractions in simplest form. It is an EXCELLENT way for students to review and an AWESOME way for teachers focus on what students need help with before a big test or quiz . Do your students need more practice? Be sure to check out Adding and Subtracting Fractions Set 1!
This classwork could be used several ways. Here are a few suggestions.
1. The teacher could complete the example side using the overhead or document camera and then the students could complete the other side for a grade.
2. The students could complete the example side independently and the teacher could check those problems. Then students could complete the other side for a grade.
3. Teachers could have students pick 4 problems for a grade. However, they
must pick one of each kind for a grade. They can’t do two addition and two subtraction problems!
4. Teachers could have students complete all 8 problems for a grade.
5. This classwork could be used as notes, a study guide, small group work, or whole group work.
6. This classwork could also be also be done in partners or independently.
The possibilities are endless. Be creative and have fun!
This classwork aligns with Virginia SOLs-4.5, 5.6, 6.6 and aligns with CCNS-
This set comes with a teacher answer key.