60 task cards for students to practice and refine their skills in estimating, adding, and subtracting numbers to 10 000.
Great for differentiation, extra practice, math centers, early finishers, and much more!
Cards cover the third specific outcome under the Number strand of the Alberta Program of Studies.
Specific Outcome Three: Demonstrate an understanding of addition of numbers with answers to 10 000 and their corresponding
subtractions (limited to 3- and 4-digit numerals) by:
• using personal strategies for adding and subtracting
• estimating sums and differences
• solving problems involving addition and subtraction.
Print out and laminate for use again and again!
Includes 60 different task cards and two different answer recording sheets.
Skills covered include
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100, 1000
- Estimating sums
- Adding sums to 10 000
- Estimating 10 000
- Subtraction of 3 and 4 digit numbers from 3 and 4 digit numbers.
- Problem solving