PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Here’s a set of 24 task cards that will strengthen your first graders’ skills in adding and subtracting ten and multiples of ten. Choosing from nine numbers, your students will determine Dino’s Secret Number by eliminating eight of the options. With each card they do, your students will complete nine examples of adding and/or subtracting tens ... that's 216 in all!
A student recording page, answer key, and 120 chart for extra support are also included.
Math skills addressed in this set include adding and subtracting ten and multiples of ten within 100, and comparing numbers within 100 using greater than and less than symbols.
Here are some ways that you might use these task cards in your classroom:
* Use in a math center for individual or partner work
* Use in a small group for extra practice or remediation. Great for RTI!
* Use with your document camera for whole class review or to focus attention at the beginning of a math lesson
* Use as a skills review rotation, individually or with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the clues
* Use for morning “bell ringers”
* Use as challenge work or for early finishers
* Print single cards in black and white and use in interactive notebooks
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click here to become a follower. You ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks! ☺