What is Covered:
- Add and subtract positive rational numbers fluently. [Whole Numbers and Decimals]
- Represent and solve problems related to perimeter and/or area and related to volume. [Whole Numbers and Decimals: Perimeter]
What is Included:
- Curriculum Breakdown
- Academic Vocabulary-Note taking and test
- Two Weeks of homework, bell work, or warmups
- Check for understanding test
- One math station-Task cards
Curriculum Breakdown: I broke down the curriculum from what they learned in fourth grade and what they are expected to know in fifth grade. For those taking the STAAR test I included example questions you can find on the 2018 STAAR.
Academic Vocabulary: Every word they will see dealing with this unit is included. Two different ways to take notes. A check for understanding test. Student answer document. And an answer key.
Two weeks worth of Homework: These can be used as homework, bell warmers, or exit tickets. Just depends on what you need for your class. It starts off with the basic concept and grows in rigor as it progresses. There is also a student sheet for week two where they can show there work. There is also an answer key included.
Check for understanding Test: There is a 12 question test you can use for check for understanding of the unit once it is taught. There is an answer key included
Math Station: In this unit I included one math station incorporating both concepts. There are 12 task cards with student answer sheet and answer key.
Add and subtract positive rational numbers
Simplify Expressions Involving Addition and Subtraction of Positive Rational Numbers
Estimate and Solve Problems Involving Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers