4th Grade Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers and Decimals 4 big bundles on rounding, estimation, multiple strategies for adding and subtracting and their connection to the standard algorithm. Personal Financial Literacy Classroom Management Unit involves adding and subtracting income and expenses.
|Subtract across zeros|Rounding | Estimation | 4th grade | TEKS | Standard Algorithm | Addition| Subtraction |Decimals | Whole Numbers | tenths | hundredths |PFL | Personal Financial Literacy | Financial Literacy |Keeping a Constant Difference |
This Mega-Bundle has everything you need to teach addition and subtraction of whole numbers and decimals.
The Rounding Packet includes:
* 38 Slides - Animated PowerPoint Presentation with Student Participation and Interaction - Two different strategies to round to the nearest 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000 and 100,000
* 4 Practice Pages - Can use during the presentation for independent practice, small group practice or both
* 24 Task Cards plus 8 additional cards for differentiation. Cards have multiple types of problems including one and two-step problems, real-world word problems and much more.
The Estimation Packet includes:
* 40 Slide - Animated PowerPoint with Student Participation and Interaction
* Estimation Game - Students play with partners and choose to round by 10 or 100 in order to reach a goal of 1,000 points. The player closest to 1,000 without going over wins. There is an addition version and a subtraction version which can be played at different times.
* Mental Math Marathon Activity - Small group activity where students use mental math and estimation to be the first in their team to correctly match up number sentences with sums, differences, products or quotients. Three versions are included along with answer keys. This can also be played as a whole group activity to reduce the number of copies needed for small groups.
* Independent Practice Sheets - Assess the students' fluency and accuracy for using estimation to add and subtract or multiply and divide. This practice page can be used again later to increase fluency.
* 16 Task Cards with Real-World Problems - Use as a Work Station, Small Group Activity or Independent Practice
The Standard Algorithm Includes:
* PowerPoint presentation which carefully lays out the connection between place value and the standard algorithm to add and subtract whole numbers and decimals to the hundredths place. Students will understand the steps to the algorithm rather than just memorize the steps without any understanding of why the numbers regroup or decompose. Students practice, interact and participate during the presentation.
*Later, there are practice pages to support a better understanding of decimals.
The Personal Financial Literacy packet includes:
*50 page resource packet designed to teach financial literacy concepts throughout the year as a classroom management system. Students earn income and pay expenses based on achievement of their educational goals and fines given for minor behavior offenses.
Students explore the connection between hard work, education, and career income. They set financial goals for what they will spend, save, donate, and invest. Vocabulary development, student entrepreneurs, record sheets with mathematical computation, game of chance and other engaging activities are included.
See the preview for more details.
Please visit My TpT Store
for more engaging resources.
Other Resources You May Like:
Math Activities for Early Finishers
This product, created by Paula McClendon, at Dazzle on a Dime, LLC is licensed for one classroom use only. If you wish to share this resource, additional licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.