All your -s and -es needs are about to be met! :)
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW DOWNLOAD! ALL THREE COMPONENTS OF THIS PACK ARE SHOWN AND EXPLAINED! :)
• Pluralize the nouns (add –s or –es) picture sorting activity (32 pictures total)
• Pluralize the nouns word writing activity w/ pictorial help (8 pages total)
• Add –s or –es to the short vowel nouns and verbs word writing activity worksheets (14 pages [or 126 words] total)
Print all pages on white copy paper or cardstock. If you are using as one-time use worksheets, everything is ready to go! If you are using these activities as reusable center activities, laminate the 2 pages of picture cards and cut them out. Place all other pages in plastic page protectors. Gather some dry erase markers are you are ready to enjoy!
How to Use:
1. Picture Sort w/ Mats: Students are expected to name each picture card aloud and listen for the “-s” or “-es” ending. For example, if they choose “frogs,” the ending is “-s” and should be placed on the “-s” mat. If they choose “foxes,” the ending is “-es” and should be placed on the “-es” mat.
2. Word Writing w/ Pictures: Students are expected to read the singular noun (i.e., “bell”), and then pluralize it aloud (i.e., “bells”). Once pluralized verbally, they must write the new word on the line provided. Each page has 2 “-s words” and 2 “-es words.”
3. Word Writing w/o Pictures: Students are expected to read the short vowel word given (either a noun or a verb), and then add the “-s” or “-es” aloud. In this activity, all nouns become pluralized and all verbs become present tense (i.e., “crab” → “crabs,” “branch” → “branches,” “jump” → “jumps,” & “fetch” → “fetches”). Once the “-s” or “-es” has been added verbally, they must write the new word on the line provided. Each page has 4-5 “-s words” and 4-5 “-es words.”
Phew! That’s a lot of –s and –es practice!
This set of activities has been a labor of love because I could not find ANYTHING out there for my kindergartners to use. I hope you find it helpful for your students, as well.