This download includes the following materials I created to teach my students when to double the final consonant before adding -ed.
* Colored poster with 3 "rules" for when to double the final consonant before adding -ed
* poster in black and white (can be copied at 80% to be put into students' notebooks)
* Interactive Notebook page (has 3 rules for doubling final consonant, and 6 words for students to write the past tense under the flap)
* page of 28 words for students to cut out and sort into 3 columns: add -ed, ends with an e so just add -d, and double consonant before adding -ed)
* mat and recording sheet for sort
* two-sided exit pass
* "The Frog Hopped and Jumped" - a follow the path game to be glued onto a file folder (recording sheet included)