PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Addition Math Game Bug Boost is a fun way to practice addition with larger numbers in word problems. This makes a great game for early finishers, math centers, or math enrichment sessions.
This game packet contains 60 Addition based problem solving cards, which challenge students to add 2 digit, 3 digit and 4 digit numbers together. Problems may require students to add anywhere between 2 to 4 numbers at a time. The difficulty of each card varies, but has a game reward on each card to provide an incentive to try get the answer correct!
The game is designed for 2-3 Players.
The aim of the game is to collect all four different bug tokens, then get to the FINISH Splat first with all of them in place on the player score chart.
*Strategy may be required when making decisions based on some of the rewards given on the addition card.
In this packet you will receive:
- Game Materials checklist page (Page 2)
- Game Instructions Page ( Page 3)
- 1 Game board (Page 4)
- 1 Bug Token Player Chart Board (Page 5)
- 3 Sets of each different Bug Token (Page 6)
- Addition Word Problem Cards (60 Cards pages 7 – 17)
- Answer Sheet print out – for other players to check whether rewards can be received or not. (Page 18)
- Award templates for the winners. (Page 19)
Simply print the pages on cardstock or paper then laminate; cut the cards and tokens; and you're ready to go with the items listed below.
You will need the following from your classroom resources (which are not included in the pack)
- Counters or some other type of concrete material to use as player pieces (Depending on resources available in your classroom)
- 2 Dice
- Scrap paper for players to use if they need to write down their working out for addition problems.
- (OPTIONAL but not necessary) Blu-Tack to attach bug tokens onto player charts.
- A box or plastic sleeve to store the game parts in.
If you have any questions about the game please do not hesitate to contact me. I've tried my best to be as explicit as possible with instructions throughout the resource to make it easy for both you and your students.
*Please note that a few of the addition word problems contain metric measurement units. However, these problems are still possible to be solved without any knowledge of the metric system since I've kept the units all the same with no requirement to be able to convert or effect the way the numbers are added. E.g. Superman lifted 900kg of Bananas, 1230kg of Apples and 48kg of Kiwi Fruit. What is the total weight of fruit that Superman is lifting? (Students just need to know to add the 3 numbers together).
Hope you and your students enjoy! I'd love to know how it goes in your classroom.
You may also like to try a FREE Math Mystery
Are you looking for more fun ways to practice addition skills?
Check out this addition focused Math Mystery, The Case of the Angry Adder!
Available in editions for 1st to 5th grade. Scroll through the product description of the video hook to learn more.
For mixed addition with missing addends. and subtraction review, check out
Follow my store to stay updated on when new resources are added and a sale is on.