- Are you looking for addition math centers so your students can practice their addition math facts within 20 all year long? Then you've come to the right place!This bundle includes fifteen different addition math center puzzle games! Get it now! You save more than 30%! Check out all the resources inc$35.00$63.00Save $28.00
- Students need practice at basic math facts - lots of it! With this seasonal bundle of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division puzzles - your students will get that basic math fact practice all year long! During to the coronavirus, the downloads in this resouce can be put on secure websit$150.00$252.00Save $102.00
- Looking for a way to save money AND have some ADDITION HALLOWEEN FUN? This is the download for you. You get all three of my Halloween addition math puzzles. These are sure to be a hit with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students. This download includes 12 puzzles - • SIX differentiated cats (two shape$9.00$12.00Save $3.00
- Product Description
These cat adition dmath puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on games that meet the needs of all students. Use them for Halloween or anytime in October. They work great as activities, centers, stations, or games. With a no prep option - these are the perfect last minute resource for your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students!
SAVE 30% BY PURCHASING THIS ADDITION HOLIDAY & SEASONAL MATH CENTERS BUNDLE. It includes this Addition Cat Puzzle.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three puzzle options (18 pieces each) with 25 addition problems using facts 0-20
- Three harder puzzle options (20 pieces each) with 28 addition problems using facts 0-20
- No Prep options of the six puzzles above
- Two editable rubric options
**Please note - Most of my seasonal puzzles contain only three differentiated puzzle options. Having six options is a plus!**
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Halloween Day (or anytime in October)
- for any novel or book study about a cat as a math supplement
- for cat lovers!
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- hese puzzles have been a HUGE hit!
- Perfect addition to my math centers.
- Fun way to practice addition facts. I used these puzzles as an activity for my substitute to use as part of my sub plans.
- This made my students entire year! They keep asking when we can do it again!
See the other Halloween resources here:
There are six puzzles included in this download - three easier puzzles and three more challenging options. Plus you also get a NO PREP option of each of those puzzles. This means there are 12 total puzzle options! Choose which option works best for your students.
These puzzles help address CCSS 2.OA.C.6 and 2.OA.B.2
The no prep puzzles are a great option if you want students to get some fine motor cutting practice and NOT know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don't know the shape. These will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Use these puzzles anytime you need a fun math activity - particularly for Halloween Day or anytime in October. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge - which is perfect to promote a growth mindset. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the cat and persevere if the task seems challenging. Tell students to rotate the pieces around and analyze what they can do differently until they fit. This is where their critical thinking and 21st Century skills will come into play!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant Halloween math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your first, second, and third graders decorate the finished cat. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it's an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You're going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day - grab, download, and go! You'll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Answer key included! Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed cat to ensure all the words are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
Thanks for looking!