The addition chart begins ranges 0+0 to 0+10 and goes up to 10+10 as the highest addition sentence. It was created to help build and illustrate the growing patterns of addition sentences, as well as doubles and neighbors.
Best if printed on cardstock!
Each card is 2.88 H by 2.25 W.
(1) On butcher paper, create a chart with squares that measure 3 by 3.
(2) Pass out cards to students, but keep a few important ones for yourself.
(3) Model your thinking process for placing each card on the chart.
(4) Ask students to find a particular card, "Who has 3+1=4?" Then assist them in finding the correct location for their card.
(5) Repeat Step 4 a few times until students have the hang of it. Allow students to take turns glueing their cards to the chart.
(6) At the end, ask students to find color and/or number patterns on their chart.