Also included in
- Your students will have a blast playing these math color by number games! The games are designed to be a fun mix of mastery, play, and creativity! Students will develop stronger problem solving skills and increase math fluency. Since problems are repeated in the game, students have multiple oppor$18.00$24.00Save $6.00
These addition color by number games will be a blast for your students! The games are designed to be a fun mix of mastery, play, and creativity! By practicing mental math strategies appropriate for upper grades, students will develop stronger problem solving skills and increase addition fluency. Since problems are repeated in the game, students have multiple opportunities to practice effective problem solving strategies.
Not only are these NO PREP games super helpful for developing fluency, they are lots of fun to play! Each player chooses a bookmark to color and keep. On a turn, a player spins and colors in one correct space on h/her bookmark. Play continues until all answer spaces on both player’s bookmarks are colored in. The first player to color the last answer space on his or her bookmark is the winner, but both players get to feel like winners because they each get to cut out their unique bookmark and use it in a favorite book.
Twelve games are included in this set. Problems are included that may require the following strategies: Making tens, making landmark/friendly numbers, doubles/near doubles, breaking numbers into its place value, and adding up in chunks. These are all common strategies for upper grades math/number talks lessons and are proven to help develop addition fluency. Expect some students to be able to use mental math to solve while others may require pencil and paper.
1. Dairy Duo - Making Tens
2. Perky Plants - Making Tens
3. Buggin’ Out - Making Landmark or Friendly Numbers (2-digit regrouping: 1 digit away)
4. Slothin’ Around - Making Landmark or Friendly Numbers (2-digit regrouping: 2 digits away)
5. Silly Sunflowers - Making Landmark or Friendly Numbers (3-digit regrouping: one or more digits away)
6. Techy Trolls - Doubles/Near Doubles
7. Super Students - Doubles/Near Doubles
8. Salty Snacks - Breaking Numbers into Place Value (2-digit with and without regrouping)
9. Pencil Pals - Breaking Numbers into Place Value (3-digit with regrouping)
10. Bubble Trouble - Adding Up in Chunks
11. Cookie Thief - Adding Up in Chunks
12. Pizza Pizza - Adding Up in Chunks
By purchasing this product, you own a license for one teacher only for personal use in your classroom. Licenses are non-transferable and cannot be passed from one teacher to another. If the teacher who purchases this license leaves the classroom or changes schools, the license and materials leave with that teacher. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire team, grade level, school or district without purchasing the correct number of licenses. Using this file, in whole or in part, to create another product, either free or for purchase, is prohibited.
All material included in this resource belongs to Ford's Board LLC. Included with purchase is a license to use the material, however you do not own the material. You may not upload any portion of this resource to the internet in any format.