Addition Jump Math Game is a fun Math lesson that teaches the Doubles Addition Facts. These number facts are essential for efficient mental computations. This addition game aims to make the learning of these number facts enjoyable.
Aim: to encourage 'automacy' in the recall of Basic Addition Facts.
NB In my classrooms I do a lot of work on the need for efficiency in doing mental computations. We aim for, 'SEE IT, SAY IT'. This addition game offers heaps of opportunity to discuss 'efficient' number strategies. It also demonstrates that those who use efficient strategies will do better at the game.
How To Play:
1. Draw this grid on concrete using chalk. Each square should be about 30cm by 30cm.
2. Two players stand with their feet in the large feet facing the game board.
3. A ‘Caller’ asks a question from one of the cards.
4. When a player has worked out the answer they must jump from their spot onto the correct answer. NB Do not move until you know the answer.
5. Players then rotate positions but the winner stays to compete with next player.
NB The object of the game is to have a bit of fun while you learn some of the facts so make an effort to learn your ‘Doubles’ facts while you’re standing in line.
Remember to Play Safe!
Extension Idea - Calculators for extra fun when playing this addition game as the children are amazed that most people can 'Beat the Calculator'!
NB The object of this addition game is to have a bit of fun while you learn your addition facts. So make an effort to learn your 'Doubles' facts while you're standing in line.
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)